Law office “ POPOV & partners “ Ltd was established in 1998 in Sofia. The Law Office’s team consists of over 40 legal professionals, including 18 attorneys-at law, among whom 5 partners and 2 associated partners organised in two major departments: Consultancy and Representation and Extrajudicial and Judicial Collection of Receivables. Partners of the Law Office were invited to get enlisted in the prestigious international edition European Legal Experts for for years in succession – 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
The Legal Office provides services primarily in the following areas:
- corporate law
- commercial law
- intellectual property law
- telecommunications law
- all fields of law related to organising investment at home and abroad.
The Law Office has considerable experience in procedural representation in arbitration and other court proceedings throughout the country as well as in cases before the Committee for the Protection of Competition.
Since 2007, the Legal Office has been listed on an annual basis in the prestigious world chart for legal offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Legal 500 EMEA Editorial Review, being recommended in the following areas of expertise:
- Banks and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- EU and Competition
- Privatisation, Public-Private Partnerships and Foreign Investment
- Projects, Energy and Natural Resources
- Real Estate and Construction
- Telecommunications, Media and Technologies.
The Legal Office values highly the benefits to modern economy from providing overall advice on business law issues, and, accordingly, from the very beginning it has been working to establish particular trends in Bulgarian business environment:
- 1998: collaborates in favour of developing franchising chains;
- 1999: undertakes the legalisation of cable telecommunication networks;
- since 2006 expands its practice to include the application of security measures and specialises in the enforcement of judgements (extrajudicial and judicial collection of receivables).